Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shellshocked in the Locals of Chennai !!










"Let's move out guys", said a tired Sameer.

"But where dude?", it was Rizwaan with his typical craze for all the doubts in the world that came to him.

"Arey, Chal Marina !! Apna Marina Beach ", and there was always a pumped up Mahesh.

"Run , Run , Run", was all I could manage.

It had been quite sometime at our new office, and we were still to be allocated into these IT Projects which mapped the entire globe into one 5 storied building. The Period of doing nothing , was obviously the best time to have fun , roam around the Metropolitan city of Chennai, but trust me, the weather took alot out of that interest. We walked across to the nearest Local Train Station, and there was our train to our Hogwats's "Marina Beach", the longest beach in whole of Asia. Honestly, We were out to chill and have some fun by the waves, but who knew it would not be just an another trip.
We boarded the train, and the train just pulled out in 30 seconds.

"Wow, This is nothing less than Delhi Metro except that it gets a bit more wiped out", I announced it to everyone.

It was my first local train trip in Chennai, so there were definitely some butterflies.

"You like being like this, Don't you Kid ? ", laughed out a jovial Mahesh.

It was awesome, I really did not expected if I'll really enjoy to go out in the rigid daylight of Chennai, but as the train started going past the tall skyscrapers of some top companies on the globe, my eye balls were stuck on them. Suddenly, what happened, is the reason why I composed this.

Whammm !!! And his cheeks were red.
Whammm !!! And his eyes were hue.
Whammm again !!! And I wished if I could stop it.

"Who was he ?".

A normal 15-16 years Lad who was being carried around to someplace to work.Yes, He was a child labour. A Lad who deserved to be putting on his bag and go to instill the wings of education in him, but this was perhaps destiny. We saw a merciless master dropping out slaps as if they were atom bombs at Hiroshima & Nagasaki on a boy who deserved none of it, and was sleeping cozily in the beating sun of Chennai, dreaming the best he could about his life, but quite amazing what he was upto.

"Damn Why", I whispered to Rintu, another friend who was sitting beside me.

All I could see then, was not a shocked Mahesh, a "who cares in the world" Rizwaan, and my other colleagues, it was just that guy, on whom I had dedicated all my attention & praying that he could get up so that the slaps could stop.

The Train reached a passing station & they got down, perhaps the presence of that boy in my life should have departed from my life right then, but it was just then when the situation just stood on me & asked me, "What if it was you ?"

I sat on the beach with my friends, and it kept winding my mind that why in the world I could not do anything than to just see it happen then. "Child Labour" & "Child Abuse" were these mere two words that were included in the Acts of Constitution of India. I saw faces of Mahesh, Rintu, Sameer, Rizwaan & other who wanted to get up and bash the man, but was it right to do so in a city we were just settling in.

What did I do ?
Why I could not ?

If these two were to be answered, I would say, I did not do anything coz I dint had enough courage to standup for that little guy who was getting bashed up by a Guy who seemed full drunk and in a state to do anything. All I could mumble out then was "Aaahh, Why don't you leave him ?"

The question that keeps hitting my mind to date, " Is India really a true Democratic Secular Republic Nation ? "

And I hang out again, to what the next part will come out as a story to shake you from within.

Message :-
I am just a normal citizen of this nation, who wants us, the people of India to rise and fight for the rightful.When I say fight, I mean, give your disappointments a true reason, so that you have people who want to correct them.

1 comment:

Rukhshan-Ur-Rahman said...

A mere mediocre outing seemed much of dilemma and unconventional Thinking. Everyone thrives and sustains a problematic co-relation with your inner self (call it your inner critic). The portrayal of you and your inner self is commendable. But Sir, every coin has two sides. You and me personally don't know the reason for the masters unruly treatment to the lad. May be, the guy might have done something out of order. But the basics i.e. CHILD LABOUR is really a great matter of concern. I Don't believe that we live in a secular India. Cause it seems absurd that communal forces drive insanity of people. And you get a mere 3 months of Jail term for fueling communal violence which kills thousands (refering to Modi, Gujarat) (ARTICLE 555a of IPC) While you face an imprisonment of 7 to 6 for slaughtering a cow (in Madhya Pradesh). There something really wrong in this Counstry.